On arriving to your place of lodging:
1) If you are arriving into Cardiff Airport, you can travel into the city:
- By Cab: Takes 30-40 minutes (costs £25-30 during off-peak hours and £35-40 during peak hours). There is a taxi stand on-site
- By Bus: Take the T9 bus (costs £5 for a single ride and £10 for a roundtrip, and the bus will only take cash). There are a number of stops, some of which are more convenient depending on where you are staying. Please see the T9 airport bus webpage and look at ‘Timetable’ for the appropriate stop.
2) If you are arriving into Cardiff Central Train Station, you can either take a cab (just outside the station) or walk. Given the size of the city itself, I would suggest walking.
For lecturers, distinguished speakers, and teaching assistants staying in the Lincoln House Hotel, please use the following directions:
- If you are arriving into Cardiff Airport, take the T9 airport bus (costs £5 for a single ride and £10 for a roundtrip, and the bus will only take cash) until Customhouse Street and either take cab or follow these walking directions. The walk through town is quite nice, especially the part going over the bridge and past (or even through) Bute Park.
- If you are arriving into Cardiff Central Train Station, either take a cab or follow these walking directions.
For research students staying at Senghennydd Hall on the Cardiff University campus, here are the walking (if you choose) directions from Custom House Street and from Cardiff Central Station. Details regarding entrance to the accommodation should be (have been) settled with those who contacted you from the Conference Office at Cardiff University. Please note that the check-in times are between 3pm and 10pm on Sunday 13 June. Here are some details about Senghennydd Hall and a map showing where the reception office is.
Please contact Elizabeth Mulhall at mulhalle ‘at’ cardiff.ac.uk at the Conference Office or Catherine Parker at parkerc6 ‘at’ cardiff.ac.uk if you cannot check-in during these times or have a special request.
On arriving at the location of the research school:
The research school will be held in: School of Mathematics M 2.53, Cardiff University, Senghennydd Rd, Cardiff CF24 4AG.
Senghennydd Hall is essentially next door to the School of Mathematics. The walking route from Lincoln House Hotel through Bute Park is very nice.
The main lecture theater is M 0.40 with coffee breaks in M 0.37. Lunches will be held in VJ Gallery of the Main Building and we will all walk over from the department together daily.